I hope you are all enjoying the sunshine and taking care of your skin.
I am sure you have heard, way too much about the new
- Tell the user who you are, why you collect the data, and how long it will be stored.
- Get clear consent before collecting any data
- Let users access/delete their data
- Let users know if data breaches occur
Under GDPR, personal data is any information relating to an “identifiable person”. Identifiable information includes such things as a name, ID number, location, ethnicity or political standing. Data doesn’t have to be confidential or sensitive to qualify as “personal”.
When looking at most normal blogs, personal data will include:
- Blog post comments data (name, email, IP)
- Traffic stats plugins/tools such as Google Analytics
- 3rd party hosted services such as Jetpack, Bloglovin’ and Disqus
- Email signup forms such as Mailchimp or FeedBurner
- Contact forms
- Issues relating to the location of your web host. E.g. data is transferred to servers outside the EU
Love Nancy x